Subject: bug#17520: closed (Re: [bug-diffutils] bug#17520: help about diff source code)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 00:13:03 +0000

Your bug report

#17520: help about diff source code

which was filed against the diffutils package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
17520: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17520
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug-diffutils] bug#17520: help about diff source code
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: 谭斌 <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 17:11:42 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

谭斌 wrote:
> Is there any help or suggestions?

I'm afraid not: all we have is what you see before you, and there is no 
secret documentation or master help key.

Subject: help about diff source code
From: 谭斌 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 22:28:23 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm reading about diffutils-2.7 source code recently,and I'm stuck in
analyze.c which is about Myers' diff algorithm.After reading Myers'
paper An O(ND) Difference Algorithm and its Variations,I still can't
understand diage function compareseq function discard_confusing_lines
function completely.Is there any help or suggestions?Thanks in advance