Subject: bug#17517: Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'")

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 05:53:31 +0000

I experimented with different settings of  max-lisp-eval-depth. I just
changed the default directly in "init_eval_once" in eval.c and
bootstrapped.

With the current value 600 there are hundreds of these warnings.
With 750 there are a few dozen.
With 800 there are none.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2014-12-12 on MACHINE
Repository revision: 074965f9355b7cc7f7a5f4385a19433e51c8afd2
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix /c/emacs/emacs-20141212-145542
 --disable-dependency-tracking
 --enable-locallisppath=%emacs_dir%/../site-lisp --with-wide-int
 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 'CPPFLAGS=-I G:/usr/include -I
 C:/GnuWin32/include -march=native -mtune=native' 'LDFLAGS=-L G:/usr/lib
 -L C:/GnuWin32/lib''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB