Subject: bug#17510: 24.3.91; Problem with `emacs --daemon' in cygw32 build

From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 14:14:10 -0400

On 5/24/2014 8:59 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> This looks OK to me, but I wonder: is it really correct not to free
> w32_id_name at all?  And if that is correct, why only on Cygwin?

I would say it's harmless not to free w32_id_name.  It's malloc'd once 
and never changed.  But I agree that it's harmless also on native Windows.

> Does the Cygwin-w32 build also use a single dpyinfo object, like the
> native Windows build?

Yes

> If so, perhaps we need not free this in both
> these builds.  IOW, I think your suggested change is OK for the
> emacs-24 branch, but on the trunk I'd suggest to remove the xfree line
> altogether.

OK, I've made the change on the emacs-24 branch as revision 117147. 
After this has been merged to the trunk, I'll remove the xfree line.

I'm not closing the bug yet because I forgot to retest my change after 
revision 117146 was made, and the latter is causing a problem with 
emacsclient (at least on Cygwin-w32).  I need to make sure that this 
isn't related to my change.

Ken