Subject: bug#17501: ARM cast-align Error

From: Nathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 23:43:36 -0500

Too funny. Good input too, especially with that gl_cv_func_memchr_wrks as
I've had to do that with a few other packages and I had forgotten about
that option.
It probably won't be worth debugging since I'm just trying to cross-build
the minimum amount, enough to get it up and then rebuild all of it from the
ARM device itself.
It also probably doesn't help that I'm trying to use the latest (and
greatest?) of every package I come across.

Thanks for that heads-up.

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 11:36 PM, Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:

> What can I say?  You've got a big hairy cross-build that isn't working
> right.  For example, it claims memchr doesn't work, when I'm pretty sure it
> does.  Cross-builds tend to be not well debugged, and if you really want to
> do one you're going to have to bird-dog it yourself.  For example, you can
> set gl_cv_func_memchr_works=yes in your environment before running
> 'configure', so that 'configure' doesn't mistakenly think that memchr is
> broken.
>
> You should also figure out on your own why 'configure' is deciding to use
> -Werror -- normally it doesn't -- and fix that too.
>
> There are probably a dozen other things that need to be fixed.
>