Subject: bug#17501: ARM cast-align Error

From: Nathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 21:58:49 -0500

Hmmm, ok starting from scratch with this grep:
>git log
  commit 3b301a71d94eec362f00905be9d2fa2b044f6f83
>arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -v
  Reading specs from
/home/vboxadmin/Desktop/CLFS/cross-tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.10.0/specs
COLLECT_GCC=arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/home/vboxadmin/Desktop/CLFS/cross-tools/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.10.0/lto-wrapper
Target: arm-linux-gnueabihf
Configured with: ../gcc/configure --prefix=/cross-tools
--build=x86_64-cross-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-cross-linux-gnu
--target=arm-linux-gnueabihf --with-sysroot=/home/vboxadmin/Desktop/CLFS
--with-local-prefix=/arm-linux-gnueabihf
--with-native-system-header-dir=/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include --disable-nls
--enable-shared --disable-static --enable-languages=c,c++
--enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-c99 --enable-long-long
--enable-threads=posix --disable-multilib --with-mpfr=/cross-tools
--with-gmp=/cross-tools --with-isl=/cross-tools --with-cloog=/cross-tools
--with-mpc=/cross-tools --with-arch=armv7-a --with-float=hard
--with-fpu=neon --disable-isl-version-check --with-system-zlib
--enable-checking=release --enable-libstdcxx-time AR=ar
'CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD=-O3 -pipe -march=corei7 -mtune=corei7 -D__ARM_PCS_VFP'
'CXXFLAGS_FOR_BUILD=-O3 -pipe -march=corei7 -mtune=corei7 -D__ARM_PCS_VFP'
'CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=-O3 -pipe' 'CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=-O3 -pipe'
LDFLAGS='-L/cross-tools/lib -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/cross-tools/lib'
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.10.0 20140513 (experimental) (GCC)
>git clean -xdf
>git reset --hard
>./bootstrap --no-git --skip-po //skipping git and po only for this example
>./configure --prefix=/${CLFS_TARGET} --build=${CLFS_HOST}
--host=${CLFS_TARGET} --without-included-regex --quiet
CFLAGS="${targetCFLAGS}" CXXFLAGS="${targetCXXFLAGS}"
LDFLAGS="${targetLDFLAGS}" CPPFLAGS="${targetCPPFLAGS}"
>make 2>&1 | tee make.log

I've attached the configure, config.log, Makefile and make.log
Looking at "configure", I was looking for an if-fi in that area, especially
thinking it would be easier to figure out considering it was indented. Then
I saw gl_manywarn_set led to ws and it was starting to look like it would
just get harder for me to find, rather than the one who surrounds himself
with these types of files.

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 9:32 PM, Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Quite possibly you have another configuration problem lurking in there
> somewhere, I'm afraid.  'configure' is supposed to put -Wcast-align into
> CFLAGS only if you specify the --enable-gcc-warnings option, and you didn't
> do that, so I suggest getting to the bottom of why -Wcast-align was used.
>  My guess is that you have some global options set somewhere with
> --enable-gcc-warnings, and they may be messing up other things. But it's
> just a guess.
>