Subject: bug#17497: 24.4.50; TTY menu glitches

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 19:19:07 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 01:44:05 -0400
> 
> Replaying the termscript at full speed does not produce the same
> glitches, if that makes any sense.

That's weird.  Earlier you said that if you don't lean on the arrow
keys, but press them at normal typing speed, the problem doesn't
happen as well, is that right?  If so, perhaps you could produce a
termscript for the same sequence of keypresses, just at that "normal"
speed, so we could compare them.  (If one of the termscripts has fewer
keypresses than the other, it doesn't matter, as long as you press the
same keys.)

> BTW, your script reduces to:
> 
> while read line; do
>   echo "$line"
>   sleep 2
> done < "$1"

Thanks.