Subject: Re: The text-mode menu looks very broken in emacs-24

From: Mario Lang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 12:14:44 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Mario Lang <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 13:14:51 +0200
>> 
>> > Check screenshots from http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17497,
>> > most probably you hit the same known issue.
>> 
>> I can't see plain image file screenshots, but the (terse) description in
>> the bug report sort of matches what I see, so likely this is the same
>> issue.  Thanks for pointing this out.
>
> Can you state your system name/version and the terminal emulator you
> are using, for the record?  Past experience indicates that perhaps
> this problem affects only some systems/emulators.

I am running in GNU/Screen on GNU/Linux (kernel 3.14).

This bug only happens when scrolling down anything else than the first
toplevel entry, because the first toplevel menu is already
left-justified...  And it does not happen all the time.  In fact,
while it is reproducible, it doesnt reproduce the same way everytime I
try it.  Sometimes I need to go down 10 or 15 elements until one gets}
drawn in the wrong position, and sometimes I just go down two or three
items.  I am not sure, but it *feels* like the issue is easier to
reproduce if I hit down-arrow rapidly in succession.

This *feels* like memory corruption, as if the x coordinate is randomly
set to 0 in some situations.

-- 
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕