Subject: Re: bug#17490: 24.3.91; describe-function on some eieio class give (wrong-type-argument char-or-string-p nil)

From: David Engster <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 22:58:40 +0200

Nicolas Richard writes:
> Eval the following snippet (taken from (info "(eieio) Quick Start"),
> except that I removed the docstring in the method):

[...]

> FWIW I did this to fix it :
> --- a/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-opt.el
> +++ b/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-opt.el

[...]

> -		      (cdr cur)))
> +		      (or (cdr cur) "  Undocumented")))

Thanks for the report and the fix, which I just pushed to the emacs-24
branch, albeit with a small change: Instead of printing "Undocumented",
it simply prints nothing, since the other EIEIO help functions don't
explicitly denote a lack of documentation either. That might be a
mistake though, since describe-function/variable do that. I guess this
should be changed, but that would belong to trunk.

-David