Subject: Re: bug#17488: 24.3; mail-sendmail-undelimit-header doesn't respect mail-header-separator

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 13:52:41 +0200

Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]> writes:

>> So `mail-sendmail-undelimit-header' should consult that variable, I
>> think, instead of using `rfc822-goto-eoh'?
>
> I think it will work, but I changed my mind.  That is,
> `rfc822-goto-eoh' should be used with an RFC2822 mail, and a mail
> composing software should replace the `mail-header-separator' with
> an empty line before sending a mail to the `sendmail-function',
> like Gnus does.

Yes, they should, so `mail-sendmail-undelimit-header' will normally be a
function that does absolutely nothing (as it is today :-)).  So it
should either be removed, or adjusted to do what it says it does (i.e.,
find the delimited and remove it).  I'll do the latter, and we can
contemplate the former...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no