Subject: bug#17485: [PATCH 2/3] Rewrite take-right, drop-right, drop-right!

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 10:56:12 -0400

David Kastrup <[email-masked]> writes:

> * module/srfi/srfi-1.scm (take-right, drop-right, drop-right!): The
>   definitions tended to be overly complicate and/or rely on pushing
>   material on the VM stack, detrimental to scalability for Guile 2.0 and
>   also worse for performance.
>
>   The changed definitions lead to different, more accurate exceptions
>   being raised.  They rely on length+ returning the length of dotted
>   lists, behavior that is not specified by the SRFI-1 definition but
>   available in GUILE.

Your patches look good to me, except that we can't change 'length+' as
you propose.  Instead I'd like to add a lax variant of 'length+' with a
different name, and use that.

I can take care of doing this myself, and will of course still credit
you in whatever manner you prefer, but I've run into a legal problem: we
don't currently have copyright papers for you on file.  Are you willing
to file copyright papers for GUILE?

      Mark