Subject: Re: bug#17483: 24.4.50; Emacs cannot display some gif images correctly under dark background

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 18:41:22 +0200

Tu Do <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think viewing transparent gif image currently in Emacs is fine as it
> is, since the example image should be used in a light background to
> view its content. What I meant is about fixing Eww, since I
> encountered this issue in it. I think at least Eww background should
> be defaulted to white, not the background color of the current color
> theme. The default background color for a web browser is also white if
> no background color is defined in css. It would help in viewing many
> plain text web pages with transparent images.

It's true that traditionally web browsers have defaulted to a light
background, but that's kinda changing now with the popularity of "dark"
themes.

But in any case, I think eww should default to the background colour the
user has chosen, so I don't think there's any bug here to be fixed.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no