Subject: Re: bug#17483: 24.4.50; Emacs cannot display some gif images correctly under dark background

From: Tu Do <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 01:10:58 +0700

I think viewing transparent gif image currently in Emacs is fine as it is,
since the example image should be used in a light background to view its
content. What I meant is about fixing Eww, since I encountered this issue
in it. I think at least Eww background should be defaulted to white, not
the background color of the current color theme. The default background
color for a web browser is also white if no background color is defined in
css. It would help in viewing many plain text web pages with transparent
images.

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 12:52 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: Tu Do <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> > Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 19:44:19 +0200
> >
> > Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> >
> > > If you describe how do they do that (e.g., do they use a background
> > > that is different from the default?),
> >
> > They can't be customized.
>
> Yes, that always helps.
>