Subject: bug#17462: 24.3.50; bbdb-split: Invalid regexp: "Unmatched [ or [^"

From: Sebastien Vauban <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 09:18:00 +0200

Hello,

When receiving emails with Gnus, they're automatically sent to the right
folder thanks to BBDB. That works for years.

Reading them within Gnus works for years too, though today I have
apparently received an email that blocks the access to my "family-new"
folder.

See http://screencast.com/t/0xCWvhVjj.

The net impact is that I can't open that "family-new" folder anymore...

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-10-19 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 114715 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.2.9200
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  sml-modeline-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Retrieving newsgroup: nnimap+mc:INBOX.family-new...
Fetching headers for nnimap+mc:INBOX.family-new...
nnimap read 0k from mail.missioncriticalit.com
Fetching headers for nnimap+mc:INBOX.family-new...done
Scoring...done
Sorting threads...done
Generating summary...
bbdb-split: Invalid regexp: "Unmatched [ or [^"
Auto-saving...done
Copied the current line

Load-path shadows:
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/graphviz-dot-mode-20140303.1301/graphviz-dot-mode hides ~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/graphviz-dot-mode
~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/org-effectiveness hides ~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-effectiveness
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/htmlize-20130207.1202/htmlize hides ~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/contrib/lisp/htmlize
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-wl hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-wl
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-vm hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-vm
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-version hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-version
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-timer
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-table
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-src
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-plot
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-mew hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mew
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-macs
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-list
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-irc
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-install
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-info
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-indent
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-id
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-habit
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-feed
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-faces
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-entities
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-element hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-element
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-docview
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-compat
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-colview
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-clock
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-capture
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-attach
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-archive
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-table
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scala
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-R
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-python
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-org
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-js
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-java hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-java
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-io hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-io
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-css
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-C
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-r114715-20131019-w32/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote

Features:
(shadow emacsbug holidays hol-loaddefs cal-move helm-command helm-elisp
helm-eval helm-mode shr nnfolder tabify org-capture boxquote rect
filecache time-stamp copyright eldoc hideshow cus-edit cus-start
cus-load ido helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver ffap helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark
helm-adaptative helm-info helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse url-vars helm-plugin helm-locate helm-help
helm-match-plugin helm-grep helm-regexp grep helm-external helm-utils
dired-sort-map dired-single bookmark+ bookmark+-key bookmark+-1
bookmark+-bmu bookmark+-lit bookmark pp dired+ dired-x dired-aux dired
compile helm smtpmail gnus-alias bbdb-message mailalias sendmail
vc-dispatcher vc-svn org-mime org-crypt ob-sql ob-shell shell ob-org
ob-ledger ob-dot ob-ditaa ob-awk ob-R org-table git-commit-mode log-edit
pcvs-util add-log vc-git flyspell ispell org-element avl-tree
org-checklist org-id org-gnus org-habit org-agenda org-info appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-inlinetask org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs whitespace nnir misearch multi-isearch
fuzzy flow-fill mm-archive server auto-complete-config auto-complete
popup sort ansi-color gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml recentf
tree-widget gnus-topic hl-line image-file mail-extr utf-7 nndraft nnmh
nnimap parse-time utf7 gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
mailcap gnus-cache gnus-sum epa-file epa epg epg-config netrc gnutls
network-stream starttls tls nntp gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
nnoo gnus-leuven bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm bbdb bbdb-site timezone
mule-util rx auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
eieio-core password-cache gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit emacs-leuven leuven-theme saveplace yasnippet
help-mode find-func pcase paren which-func imenu hl-tags-mode derived
org-loaddefs uniquify helm-config helm-aliases sml-modeline hi-lock
ace-jump-mode delsel easy-mmode info+ thingatpt edmacro kmacro
idle-require finder-inf tex-site info easymenu idle-require-autoloads
pager-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads tidy-autoloads package cl-macs gv
advice help-fns cl cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns
disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)