Subject: Re: bug#17414: 24.3.50; eww ignores scaled text

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 08:40:13 +0100

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> [email-masked] (Óscar Fuentes) writes:
>
>> After visiting a web page with eww and scaling the text
>> (text-scale-adjust, bound to C-x +) lines wrap. This seems to indicate
>> that eww organizes the lines of text when it renders the page without
>> noticing that the buffer's default face was scaled. Reloading the page
>> (or visiting another page) on the same eww buffer does not change the
>> parameters eww uses for rendering the text, as if there was no text
>> scaling.
>
> eww just uses `shr-width', which defaults to `fill-column' or
> `window-width', neither of which change when you use that command.  So
> I don't know how that `text-scale-adjust' command is supposed to work.
>
> Anybody?

There was no response here, and I would assume that shr's variable width
font stuff (introduced this spring) would have fixed whatever it was,
anyway, so I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no