Subject: bug#17406: C-g C-g in GC causes crash

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 03:00:06 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

When GC starts taking a long time, I can easily type C-g C-g during a
GC if I have garbage-collection-messages set.  This stops Emacs as it
should.  When I continue it, it asks (correctly) if I want to abort
and dump core.  I say no, and then it crashes.

A backtrace showed me why: tty_send_additional_strings calls
Fterminal_parameter which calls Fassq which does QUIT;

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call.