Subject: bug#17404: Scrolling is painfully slow

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 18:24:35 +0300

> Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 10:02:38 -0400
> From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked]
> 
>     What about "emacs -nw" -- do you see the same slowdown there?  Or is
>     the problem limited to the GUI sessions?
> 
> I am always using it in a terminal.  It didn't occur
> to me that that made a difference to the scrolling.

It makes a huge difference.  If this happens on a TTY, I have no idea
what could have caused it.

> I tried it again now in several versions, and it is much faster now
> than it was before.  I don't understand why the problem happened and
> then disappeared, but it has.  For now, please forget it.

OK, thanks.  Let's keep this bug open for a while, in case the problem
comes back.  If it does, please use the profiler to produce the
profile, because I'm totally clueless now.