Subject: bug#17399: Fwd: Re: bug#17399: compilation bugs when making guile-2.0.11

From: Ed Green <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 21:34:28 -0400

Mr. Courtes has asked me to re-send the following message. Besides the 
two config.log files originally attached, I also attach a description 
(bug-guile-20140502.pdf) of my attempt to compile the program, which was 
attached to my initial bug report.

Ed Green

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: bug#17399: compilation bugs when making guile-2.0.11
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 15:04:14 -0400
From: Ed Green <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>

Hello Ludo',

I am attaching two config.log files (both of which I've re-named from
the original 'config.log', but have not modified). The first,
may2-config.log, will document what I wrote to you earlier. The second,
may4-config.log, was produced when I tried again to compile guile after
having compiled readline (which make didn't find on my computer). With
readline compiled and installed in the /usr/local directory tree, it was 
still not found when I ran make.

Both on May 2 and May 4, I had to edit unistr.h manually (as described
in the attachment of my previous message) for the compiler to run. In
both cases, the result was a mostly functioning (and correct, as far as
I could tell) guile, but without the command-history facility.

Subsequently, I've upgraded to Ubuntu 12-04 to 14.04. So, I'm sorry that 
I can't help you with any further compilation testing on the operating 
system that I used earlier. Short of that, please let me know if there's 
any further help that I can provide. (Happily for me, guile 2.0.11 is 
compiled in the Ubuntu 14.04 repository.)

Cordially,
Ed

On 05/28/2014 01:35 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you send your config.log file as an attachment, for further
> investigation?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ludo’.
>