Subject: GC during idle time becomes fatal

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 04:00:38 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

I updated from the trunk on May 1, and since then, Emacs seems to GC a
lot when idle.  I am not sure it is GC, but I don't know what else it could be,
and a couple of times Emacs died because I typed C-g at it during that time
and said it was fatal to have an error in GC.

(It is a bug that C-g C-g during GC causes a crash.)

Over time, GC takes longer and longer.  Once I had to kill Emacs
because it went a few minutes without finishing a GC.  A couple of
times, it crashed saying memory was full.

The previously reported problem, applying to epa decryption still
occurs: decryption never finishes.  When I type C-g while it is hung,
I get a message asking me whether to kill the epa process that is
still running.  If I say yes, Emacs responds again but the decryption
has not been done.

I could get more info about that, with some trouble.

I don't know how to give more info about the GC problem.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call.