Subject: Re: bug#17395: GC during idle time becomes fatal

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 03:00:05 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

I can reproduce the frequent and slow GC.  Once decryption fails, and
I quit out of waiting for it, GC becomes quite frequent.

Quitting asks me

  Buffer " *epg*" has a running process; kill it?

I say yes, but afterward there is still a running process called epg.
And each successive decryption attempt creates another process.  I
suppose that is responsible for the frequent garbage collections and
filling up memory.  It seems to GC after every few chars I type, but
not while Emacs is idle.

So the only real bug is the one affecting decryption.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call.