Subject: Re: bug#17392: 24.3.90; cursor blinks faster and faster

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 20:40:27 +0200

On May 8, 2014 7:42 PM, "Michael Heerdegen" <[email-masked]>
wrote:
>
> Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > I have seen the faster blinking cursor years ago (on w32), but maybe
> > that was another bug then?
>
> Maybe the commit is not buggy as such, but does just trigger a bug lurking
> elsewhere.  There might be different ways to trigger it.
>
> Michael.

Yes, I think you are right.

I also found years ago that there was a lot of these timers. And that was
the reason for blinking "faster".

I had a thought that this might be related to w32. I saw several other bugs
that also depended on how fast you did things. Some related to menus. Some
related to frames.

On w32 you do not control the state of the system calls. I tried to make
people add check of return values etc but I was not even able to get the
checks I added into core Emacs. (I then decided it was a waste of time for
me.)