Subject: bug#17392: 24.3.90; cursor blinks faster and faster

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 01:07:35 +0200

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> > It still seems to point to an underlying bug in timer.el, even if it
> > is only triggered by "not kosher" code.  Would it be possible for you
> > to try and extract a reproducible recipe from your (old) code?
>
> Ok, I'll try to do this.

It was easy.  Evaluating this in emacs -Q is already enough:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(progn
  (defun provoke (&rest _)
    (run-with-idle-timer .001 nil
                         (lambda () (sit-for 2.))))
  (advice-add 'handle-switch-frame :after #'provoke))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Just create some more frames and type M-TAB (in your window manger) lots
of times.  After that, timer-idle-list is full of blink-cursor-start
timers.

Michael.