Subject: Re: bug#17392: 24.3.90; cursor blinks faster and faster

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 05:40:37 +0300

> From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 22:17:40 +0200
> Cc: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> >> As I said, I stopped using blinking cursor on windows because of this
> >> problem.
> >
> > I don't know what "problem" are you talking about.  I'm running the
> > current pretest on 3 different Windows machines, and none of them has
> > any problems with cursor blinking, or more than one timer in the list.
> 
> 
> I do not understand what you mean. I said I have seen the problem with
> the number of timers building up for blinking cursors, but it was some
> years ago.

That cannot be the same problem we see now, because the code that
produces a blinking cursor, and in particular its timer functions, was
thoroughly rewritten during the last year.  The idle timer that seems
to be the source of the problem now did not exist back then.

So you are talking about a totally unrelated issue.