Subject: bug#17391: Bug#745553: emacs24-el: mml2015-always-trust should default to nil, not t

From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 20:34:22 +0100

Jens Lechtenboerger <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Modern versions of GnuPG automatically select the key which GnuPG knows
>> to have the best validity among all matches for the selector, thanks to
>> work put in by Justus Winter (cc'ed), so letting GnuPG make the decision
>> would relieve emacs of most of the hard work here, and would also mean
>> that any changes that the user makes to their GnuPG keyring would
>> automatically take effect in emacs without mml-mode needing to do
>> anything.
>
> The mml code is based on EasyPG by Daiki Ueno (cc’ed).  EasyPG makes
> use of sub-keys and their IDs for encryption commands, instead of
> relying on GnuPG’s selections.

It was suggested by Werner to do key selection in Emacs, like GPGME.  I
don't know whether GPGME changed the logic though.

>> Modern versions of GnuPG also provide a "tofu" mechanism to store and
>> track that kind of decision in.  Neal Walfield (also cc'ed here) put in
>> a lot of that implementation, so he might have some suggestions for the
>> best way to handle it.

I'm afraid I wouldn't do any work toward tofu at this level of quality;
in particular, until they reach the consensus whether tofu is only
activated when encryption is triggered by an email address.

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno