Subject: 24.4.50; REGRESSION: extraneous file locking

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 08:15:16 -0700 (PDT)

With this build I am seeing file locking that prevents two Emacs
sessions from editing the same buffer.  Emacs pops up annoying questions
etc.  Previously, it was only if you tried to save a buffer that Emacs
let you know about possible conflicts.

In Emacs 24.3, emacs -Q:
C-x C-f iii.el
Type some text.  Do not save the buffer.  Do not exit Emacs.

Do the same thing again.  No problem.  Emacs does not annoy you, telling
you in the second session that some other user/session has file iii.el
locked.

Now do the same thing in this build.  You cannot type text into the
second session's iii.el buffer.  You must first answer the (unclear)
question.  This is quite annoying, unnecessary, and counterproductive.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-04-29 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 117031 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''