Subject: bug#17386: 24.3.90; emacs_abort in cmcheckmagic

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 22:47:36 +0200

>> From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
>> Most likely nothing, since it is supposed to be transparent to the tmux
>> or screen instance.

fwiw, this was confirmed to me on IRC in #tmux.

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> How is Emacs supposed to get the screen dimension when tmux is
> attached?  It looks like Emacs saw (or maybe fell back on) a 23-line
> text terminal when it expected to see more than that (at least 42)
> from the beginning of the session.
>
> Nicolas, is the screen size supposed to be the same when you detach
> and re-attach, and if so, what size do you expect it to be?

The size of my screen (read : the size of my gnome-terminal frame) can
be different when I detach and when I reattach (because I sometimes
maximize the frame, some other times not -- also because I use screen of
different sizes.)

On my laptop, over ssh:
- when I don't maximize my gnome-terminal frame, then gdb reports:
  FrameRows(current_tty) = 23.
- If the gnome-terminal frame is maximized, gdb reports 42.

(In case you wonder, I tried detaching when not-maximized, then
maximizing gnome-terminal and then reattaching : it worked fine.)

-- 
Nico.