Subject: Re: bug#17386: 24.3.90; emacs_abort in cmcheckmagic

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 19:27:23 +0300

> From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 17:24:18 +0200
> 
> Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I don't know what information emacs (or whatever is running inside tmux)
> > receives when detaching or reattaching.
> 
> Most likely nothing, since it is supposed to be transparent to the tmux
> or screen instance.

How is Emacs supposed to get the screen dimension when tmux is
attached?  It looks like Emacs saw (or maybe fell back on) a 23-line
text terminal when it expected to see more than that (at least 42)
from the beginning of the session.

Nicolas, is the screen size supposed to be the same when you detach
and re-attach, and if so, what size do you expect it to be?