Subject: Re: bug#17386: 24.3.90; emacs_abort in cmcheckmagic

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 16:41:34 +0200

Le 28/05/2014 16:17, Eli Zaretskii a écrit :
> What does it mean "detached tmux"?  How do you "attach" to a tmux
> session, and what does that tell Emacs about the TTY that is being
> attached?

Sorry about my fuzzy wording.

By detaching tmux, I mean hitting "C-b d" (with the default binding).
(In 'screen' that would be "C-a d".) The effect is that tmux is now
detached : you can hang up the connection to the terminal (e.g. close
terminal emulator, or stop ssh connection), it'll still run in the
background (with emacs in it).

Later you can reattach, by running "tmux attach" (in 'screen', this is
"screen -r"). This has the effect of bringing back tmux (with emacs
running inside it).

I don't know what information emacs (or whatever is running inside tmux)
receives when detaching or reattaching.

-- 
Nicolas.