Subject: bug#17386: 24.3.90; emacs_abort in cmcheckmagic

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 17:17:49 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>> From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
>> > It seems like you connected with a second emacsclient in the middle of
>> > a potentially already confused session, which caused Emacs to be
>> > confused about the number of rows on your terminal. (Which one is
>> > true: 64 or 23?)
>> 
>> 63 is the exact number of lines I can put in a buffer when
>> gnome-terminal is maximized on the computer where emacs is running.
>> 
>> If I run gnome-terminal on my laptop (from which I was ssh'ing when the
>> crash happened), I count 22 lines at the default window size, and 41
>> when the window is maximized (window, in the "X window" sense).
>
> The code that crashed redraws the entire frame, not a single window
> (TTY redrawing always works like that).  So the size that matters is
> the size of the entire frame, including the menu bar (if present), the
> mode line, and the minibuffer window/echo area, not the maximum size
> you can give to your buffer windows.

Then you should add 2 to the numbers I gave (one for the modeline, one
for the echo area -- I don't display menus)

-- 
Nico.