Subject: bug#17378: 24.3.1: xterm-mouse-event: Wrong type argument: wholenump, -6

From: Ishmael <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 15:40:21 -0700 (PDT)

Apparently, this bug is somehow related to PuTTY, which I use to connect from
my Windows machine to a Linux (CentOS) box.  I'm unable to reproduce the bug
on a native Linux host (or rather, a VirtualBox VM running Ubuntu on my
Windows machine).

The more exact steps to get the bug are:
PuTTY + SSH to Linux
tmux
emacs -nw junk.txt  (where junk.txt just contains 50 random lines)
Scroll to the bottom using mouse wheel.
C-x 3 (this creates a new buffer window to the right with a copy of the
text)
With the mouse, click on a line in this new, rightmost window.  Scroll to
the top using the mouse wheel.
C-x 3 (a third window is created to the right)
With the mouse, click on a line in the new, rightmost window. Scroll to the
bottom using the mouse wheel.
C-x 3 (a fourth window is created to the right)
With the mouse, click on a line and attempt to scroll up with the mouse
wheel.
Up-scrolling is frozen, yielding the error message originally described.

Sometimes, the third window freezes.  To get the behavior consistently, I
have to open four windows.

--
View this message in context: http://emacs.1067599.n5.nabble.com/24-3-1-xterm-mouse-event-Wrong-type-argument-wholenump-6-tp321010p321198.html
Sent from the Emacs - Bugs mailing list archive at Nabble.com.