Subject: Re: bug#17370: 24.3.90; user cannot disable inferior python run from python-mode when file is visited

From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:06:22 +0100

On Tue 29 Apr 2014, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> Load a file containing python code, in a file with extension ".py". This
>> will use python-mode as the major mode, which immediately runs an
>> inferior python executable.
>
> I do not see that.  Can you provide a recipe for that?
>
>
>         Stefan

It seems that the problem is caused by this in my .emacs:
    (global-ede-mode 1)
    (ede-enable-generic-projects)

Some combination of the two causes emacs to load an inferior python and
then run at 100% cpu for approx 30-40 seconds.

As the EDE stuff was only there for experimenting with EDE and Semantic,
so I'll remove it (fixing the Semantic/EDE docs to be useful is another
story).

    AndyM