Subject: bug#17365: 24.3; Visiting tags table in combination with fill column indicator causes Emacs to hang

From: Jon Dufresne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:31:32 -0700

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Stefan Monnier
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Please (setq debug-on-event 'sigusr2) and then use "kill -USR2 <pid>"
> while Emacs is frozen, so as to try and get a backtrace, which will help
> us figure out what Emacs is doing while "frozen",

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit)
  fci-put-overlays-region(2807 7574591)
  fci-redraw-region(2807 7574565 0)
  insert-file-contents("/home/jon/devel/erezlife/development/TAGS" t nil nil t)
  revert-buffer-insert-file-contents--default-function("/home/jon/devel/erezlife/development/TAGS"
nil)
  revert-buffer--default(t t)
  revert-buffer(t t)
  tags-verify-table("/home/jon/devel/erezlife/development/TAGS")
  visit-tags-table-buffer("~/devel/erezlife/development/TAGS")
  visit-tags-table("~/devel/erezlife/development/TAGS")
  (progn (visit-tags-table (concat (project-root) "TAGS")))
  (if (string= string "finished\n") (progn (visit-tags-table (concat
(project-root) "TAGS"))))
  project-visit-tags-table(#<buffer *compilation*> "finished\n")
  run-hook-with-args(project-visit-tags-table #<buffer *compilation*>
"finished\n")
  compilation-handle-exit(exit 0 "finished\n")
  compilation-sentinel(#<process compilation> "finished\n")