Subject: bug#17365: 24.3; Visiting tags table in combination with fill column indicator causes Emacs to hang

From: Jon Dufresne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 09:48:15 -0700

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Jon Dufresne wrote:
>
>> The following recipe causes Emacs to hang 100%.
>>
>> 0. Start in a mercurial repository directory.
>> 1. Run "emacs -Q -l /path/to/test.el"
>> 2. M-x project-compile-and-visit-tags-table
>> 3. Wait for completion.
>> 4. M-x project-compile-and-visit-tags-table
>> 5. Receive prompt: "Tags file /path/to/TAGS has changed, read new
>> contents? (yes or no)"
>> 6. Type "yes"
>> 7. Emacs hangs, must send kill signal to close.
>
> I followed the recipe, but it doesn't hang for me.

Thanks for testing.

I have since done additional testing and the recipe, as stated is
insufficient. There is something specific in my working directory that
is causing this issue, and just any mercurial repository won't do. I
am currently trying to track down precisely what in the directory is
triggering the bug. When I have additional information I will report
it to this ticket. Unfortunately, I am unable to share the repository
required to trigger the issue.