Subject: 24.4.50; REGRESSION: [iconify-frame] broken in `special-event-map'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 09:59:31 -0700 (PDT)

This regression was introduced after this build from 2014/03/10:

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-03-10 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 116730 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''

And before this build from 2014-03-21:

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-03-21 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 116829 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib'

The bug is that this no longer works:

(define-key special-event-map [iconify-frame]
                              'thumfr-thumbify-frame-upon-event)

Command `thumfr-thumbify-frame-upon-event' (defined in my library
thumb-frm.el) thumbifies the frame, i.e., shrinks it by shrinking its
font.

That command still works perfectly well - it is only the key binding
from the `define-key' that no longer works.  What happens when you click
the window-manager minimize button (the `-' symbol in the upper right of
an MS Windows window, for example), is that the frame is now simply
iconified, just as it would be without that `define-key'.

The required behavior has worked fine for every Emacs release from Emacs
20 onward (and perhaps with older releases as well).  It is now broken
for Emacs 24.

However, note that it is NOT broken in the Emacs 24 pretest build.
There, it still works as it should.  So whatever was changed between
3/11 and 3/21 is apparently not so in the pretest build.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-04-21 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 117005 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''