Subject: Re: bug#19453: Bad interaction between daemon mode and desktop-save-mode

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 14:02:20 +0000

merge 17352 19453
thanks

>>>>> David Fiander <[email-masked]> writes:

[…]

 > This frame may display the warning

 > 	Error (frameset): Font `tty' is not defined

	AIUI, this has already been reported as #17352.  As a
	workaround, the latter suggests the following setting:

(setq desktop-restore-frames nil)

	The issue isn’t really specific to the daemon mode: loading a
	desktop file saved from a non-windowed Emacs instance into a
	windowed produces the same error.

 > And, according to the modeline, it will claim to be an emailclient
 > frame, even though it's not.  The problem is that the desktop save
 > file saved the setting

 > 	(client . nowait)

 > In general, I think that the problem is that certain parts of the
 > emacs state are being saved (or restored, depending on your point of
 > view) in the desktop file that shouldn't necessarily be, since
 > they're tied to the method of invocation more than to the user's
 > specific preferences.

	Yes.

-- 
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A