Subject: bug#17349: 24.3.50; display-battery-mode stops updating after closing and reopening lid

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 13:19:02 +0200

I use display-battery-mode to display remaining battery percentage in
the modeline. It sometimes happens that the percentage never changes (I
usually notice this when I re-open the lid).

It seems that the timer doesn't get triggered anymore :

timer-list is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is
([t 21337 29946 782082 60 battery-update-handler nil nil 770389]
 [nil 21339 22389 552723 3600 url-cookie-write-file nil nil 255341])

I guess it doesn't run because (timer--triggered (car timer-list)) => t
; and indeed, (setf (timer--triggered (car timer-list)) nil) made it
work again.

IIUC, it is the job of timer-event-handler to put that back to nil. Any
idea why it sometimes doesn't work ?

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.7 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.20)
 of 2014-04-10 on LDLC-portable
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11405000
System Description:	Ubuntu 13.10

Configured using:
 `configure 'CFLAGS=-g3 -O2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_BE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

-- 
Nico.