Subject: bug#17346: 24.4.50; Why is the goal column limited to C-n and C-p ?

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 08:25:33 +0200

> page-up and page-down do preserve the column.

I've just tested them here again [1], and they don't preserve the
column for me.   I've tried with and without a goal column defined,
and in both cases the point is placed at the left margin whenever they
jump to another line.

>  So it looks like the
> problem is in *some* scrolling commands (maybe the scroll-bar ones?).

As I say, I can reproduce the problem with every vertical-scrolling
command I've tried (except C-p/C-n): scroll-up-command,
scroll-down-command, scroll-bar-toolkit-scroll, mwheel-scroll.

------------
[1] From "emacs -Q", in:

  In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
   of 2014-04-21 on LEG570
  Repository revision: 117001 [email-masked]
  Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
  Configured using:
   `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'

-- 
Dani Moncayo