Subject: Re: epg-wait-for-status hangs forever

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 05:37:22 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

	(while (and (eq (process-status (epg-context-process context)) 'run)
		    epg-pending-status-list)
	  (accept-process-output (epg-context-process context) 1))

    This means that either (1) epg does not exit when it should, or
    (2) epg-pending-status-list doesn't become nil, which AFAIU means
    that no output is ever received from epg, or (3) accept-process-output
    gets stuck, even though it is called with a 1-sec time-out.

I think accept-process-output fails to return.

I put a call to `message' in that loop, and it did output just 3
times, for previous operations I think.  The call did not run during
the time it was hanging.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call.