Subject: Re: epg-wait-for-status hangs forever

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 11:03:44 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

    If no one responds or reports they reproduced the problem, perhaps you
    could find a few moments to shed more light on how it hangs.  AFAIU,
    you saw it stuck in this loop (in epg-wait-for-status):

	(while (and (eq (process-status (epg-context-process context)) 'run)
		    epg-pending-status-list)
	  (accept-process-output (epg-context-process context) 1))

    This means that either (1) epg does not exit when it should, or
    (2) epg-pending-status-list doesn't become nil, which AFAIU means
    that no output is ever received from epg, or (3) accept-process-output
    gets stuck, even though it is called with a 1-sec time-out.

I don't know a way to get it into the debugger at that time.  Now that
you have shown me where it is looping, I can try editing that code.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call.