Subject: Re: bug#17330: files.el cd-absolute overcome false negative from file-executable-p

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 15:58:05 +0200

Eli Zaretskii writes:
> If the Cygwin maintainers will decide that this specific situation
> (whose particulars as far as Windows ACL data of the directory in
> question was never shown by the OP, by the way), then this would mean
> it's either a cockpit error (i.e. the user shoot himself in the foot
> by creating a security descriptor he shouldn't have), or that Cygwin
> does not intend to support such situations in the first place.

Cygwin already has the "noacl" mount option which fakes the uid/gid and
permissions for that file system so that they always look sane from the
POSIX perspective and then you'll find out when you access the file
whether you have access.  While it's generally a sign of some
problematic configuration someplace else and introducing some other
problems when you have to use it, the OP could maybe tell us if that
makes a difference to the reported problem.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

SD adaptations for KORG EX-800 and Poly-800MkII V0.9:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#KorgSDada