Subject: Re: bug#17330: files.el cd-absolute overcome false negative from file-executable-p

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 11:35:01 +0200

Philip Hodges writes:
> Your example platform likely has euidaccess and so takes the effective
> user id and ACL into account. Thanks for checking. I'm glad it works.
>
> Otherwise fileio.c:check_executable calls access which ignores any
> effective id, or looks at bits returned by stat.

Cygwin also uses euidaccess (or should, anyway):
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-12/msg00364.html

But yes, you can totally have full access to a directory or file on a
Windows box while all permission flags show that you don't (I guess that
is also possible on UN*X, although I've never tried).  You'll never know
until you actually try.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Q+, Q and microQ:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSounds