Subject: bug#17323: 24.3.90; SIGSEGV in mem_find (start=0x9995000) at alloc.c:3837 while GC.

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:27:10 +0200

Yay, I'm lucky, I've got another backtrace.

FWIW, I'm at
commit 1739a0b8bc1253786fb557e08eb18a277b5673eb
Author: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Apr 22 12:52:08 2014 +0200

    * automated/tramp-tests.el (tramp--test-check-files): Remove traces.

IIRC, my previous build (which didn't segfault) was:

commit caf3093b24c63ca2d0248f25df57a15e19ebdaa9
Author: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Apr 17 10:24:40 2014 +0300

    Fix bug #17269 with corruption of the newline cache.
    
     src/insdel.c (invalidate_buffer_caches): Invalidate the bidi
     paragraph-start cache before the newline cache.

Ok, here's the back trace.

3837      while (start < p->start || start >= p->end)
(gdb) bt
#0  0x081f0bc4 in mem_find (start=0x9995000) at alloc.c:3837
#1  0x081ed964 in lisp_align_free (block=0x9995000) at alloc.c:1167
#2  0x081f4ffa in gc_sweep () at alloc.c:6472
#3  0x081f35e1 in Fgarbage_collect () at alloc.c:5643
#4  0x0817d539 in maybe_gc () at lisp.h:4522
#5  0x082138c8 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0xbfffcb60) at eval.c:2766
#6  0x08254c1a in exec_byte_code (bytestr=138227881, vector=138229637, maxdepth=40, args_template=1028, nargs=1, args=0xbfffcf74) at bytecode.c:916
#7  0x08214319 in funcall_lambda (fun=138229613, nargs=1, arg_vector=0xbfffcf70) at eval.c:2983
#8  0x08213d75 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0xbfffcf6c) at eval.c:2864
#9  0x08212cdd in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0xbfffcf6c) at eval.c:2301
#10 0x08213a35 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0xbfffcf68) at eval.c:2796
#11 0x08254c1a in exec_byte_code (bytestr=142587561, vector=142191469, maxdepth=16, args_template=512, nargs=1, args=0xbfffd2c4) at bytecode.c:916
#12 0x08214319 in funcall_lambda (fun=142191493, nargs=1, arg_vector=0xbfffd2c4) at eval.c:2983
#13 0x08213d75 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0xbfffd2c0) at eval.c:2864
#14 0x08210e25 in internal_condition_case_n (bfun=0x8213810 <Ffuncall>, nargs=2, args=0xbfffd2c0, handlers=140212186, hfun=0x807eaaa <safe_eval_handler>) at eval.c:1436
#15 0x0807ebc2 in safe_call (nargs=2, func=142191493) at xdisp.c:2620
#16 0x0807ebff in safe_call1 (fn=142191493, arg=140212162) at xdisp.c:2636
#17 0x08096ad7 in prepare_menu_bars () at xdisp.c:11546
#18 0x0809ad04 in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13437
#19 0x08099b20 in redisplay () at xdisp.c:13056
#20 0x0818610b in read_char (commandflag=1, map=165136262, prev_event=140212162, used_mouse_menu=0xbfffe893, end_time=0x0) at keyboard.c:2567
#21 0x08193e1b in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0xbfffe9b0, bufsize=30, prompt=140212162, dont_downcase_last=false, can_return_switch_frame=true, fix_current_buffer=true, prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:9084
#22 0x081837ac in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1449
#23 0x08210aa3 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x818342b <command_loop_1>, handlers=140245242, hfun=0x8182c5a <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1354
#24 0x081830d5 in command_loop_2 (ignore=140212162) at keyboard.c:1174
#25 0x0821001e in internal_catch (tag=140243290, func=0x81830b1 <command_loop_2>, arg=140212162) at eval.c:1118
#26 0x0818308f in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1153
#27 0x081827ee in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:777
#28 0x081829ae in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:845
#29 0x08180cef in main (argc=2, argv=0xbfffecc4) at emacs.c:1646

Lisp Backtrace:
"Automatic GC" (0x85a4d70)
"vconcat" (0xbfffcb64)
"redisplay--update-region-highlights" (0xbfffcf70)
"apply" (0xbfffcf6c)
0x879ab80 PVEC_COMPILED
"redisplay_internal (C function)" (0x85a4d70)

In GNU Emacs 24.3.90.7 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2014-04-23 on geodiff-mac3
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11304000
System Description:	Gentoo Base System release 2.2

Configured using:
 `configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --enable-checking 'CFLAGS= -O0 -g3''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-discover-mode: t
  discover-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC x s e r v ESC [ > 1 ; 2 8 0 2 ; 0 c e r - f o r 
TAB RET ESC ESC o ESC ESC x s e r v e r - m o d e RET 
<switch-frame> C-z C-z d c c <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
d <switch-frame> M-x <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
M-x r e o p <backspace> <backspace> p o r t - e m <tab> 
<return> C-g C-g C-y C-x C-x C-g C-n C-n C-n <up> <up> 
<down> <delete> <backspace> <up> <home> <down> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> C-s y <return> C-b C-k C-n C-f C-f 
C-f C-f C-k C-n C-b C-b C-b C-k C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-n C-p C-p C-n C-n C-a C-SPC M-> M-w C-x b 
u n s C-g C-x b d e b u <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> b u g C-g <help-echo> M-x r e p o r t - 
e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Continuing.
Quit
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [2 times]
Quit [2 times]
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Quit [2 times]
delete-forward-char: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
/home/youngfrog/.emacs.d/elpa/git-commit-mode-20140125.1553/git-commit-mode hides ~/sources/magit/git-commit-mode
/home/youngfrog/.emacs.d/elpa/git-rebase-mode-20140125.1553/git-rebase-mode hides ~/sources/magit/git-rebase-mode
~/.emacs.d/lisp/asy-mode hides /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf/asymptote/asy-mode
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-footnote
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-protocol
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ox-beamer hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ox-beamer
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-irc
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-scheme
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-capture
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ox-html hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ox-html
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-table
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-eval
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-exp
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-eshell
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-sql
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-colview
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ox-publish hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ox-publish
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-comint
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-element hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-element
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-indent
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-sass
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-compat
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-list
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ox hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ox
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-keys
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-info
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-ctags
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-habit
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-datetree
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ox-texinfo hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-clock
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-bbdb
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-maxima
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-fortran
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-java hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-java
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ox-icalendar hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-gnus
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-table
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-tangle
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ox-md hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ox-md
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-install
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-org
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-docview
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-timer
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-makefile hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-makefile
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-calc
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-rmail
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-plot
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-haskell
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-shen
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ox-latex hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ox-latex
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-mhe
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-mouse
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ox-man hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ox-man
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-archive
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ox-ascii hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ox-ascii
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-python
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ox-org hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ox-org
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-agenda
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-core hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-core
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-perl
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-octave
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-crypt
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-macs
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-w3m
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-feed
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-mobile
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-version hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-version
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-ledger
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-latex
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-dot
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-screen
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-src
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-ruby
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-macro hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-macro
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-io hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-io
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-matlab
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-ref
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-bibtex
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-entities
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-R
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-C
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-lob
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-awk
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-clojure
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-faces
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ox-odt hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ox-odt
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-css
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-lisp
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-attach
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-scala
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/ob-js
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-id
~/sources/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs hides /home/youngfrog/sources/running-emacs/lisp/org/org-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems nnheader tramp-sh misearch multi-isearch magit-key-mode magit
view tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell grep compile
diff-mode autorevert filenotify git-rebase-mode git-commit-mode log-edit
pcvs-util add-log emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail mail-utils
help-mode ffap thingatpt xterm hideshow org-caldav icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs org-id latexenc ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html ox-ascii
ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree url-dav url-http url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-handlers etable
etable-selection-model etable-cell-renderer etable-table-column-model
etable-table-column etable-table-model eieio-base interval-list dash
helm-config helm-aliases bbdb bbdb-site timezone yf-asy preview-latex
mb-depth icomplete autoinsert hippie-exp ert ewoc debug jka-compr
paredit windmove paren dired recentf tree-widget wid-edit org-inlinetask
winner ampc-autoloads nlinum-autoloads info sicp-autoloads
slime-autoloads finder-inf w3-autoloads workspaces-autoloads
wtf-autoloads pcase discover makey-key-mode warnings server
twittering-mode edmacro kmacro epa derived epg epg-config tls cl-macs gv
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core gnus-util
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap xml cl cl-loaddefs
cl-lib time cus-start cus-load two-mode-mode tex-site auto-loads
ido-hacks ido org byte-opt advice help-fns org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities time-date
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core
ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs package use-package bytecomp byte-compile
cconv bind-key easy-mmode tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 440164 10192)
 (symbols 24 49086 0)
 (miscs 20 215 456)
 (strings 16 113682 16161)
 (string-bytes 1 3731635)
 (vectors 8 40375)
 (vector-slots 4 733252 2022)
 (floats 8 368 100)
 (intervals 28 1571 0)
 (buffers 512 17)
 (heap 1024 17021 1204))

-- 
Nico.