Subject: Re: bug#17301: 24.3.90; Hang using scroll bar thumb in Compile-Log buffer after packages update

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 23:11:31 -0300

At 21:23 -0300 on Monday 2014-04-21, N. Jackson wrote:

> At 06:18 -0300 on Monday 2014-04-21, Jan Djärv wrote:
>
>> Did you try with the patch in 15801?
>
> But I see that Jarek updated the patch today and that Stefan applied a
> version of it in "emacs-24", so I can just rebuild from Bazaar. But is
> "emacs-24" the same as trunk, or is that the name of the branch that
> will be 24.4?
>
Okay. I have built from the branch "emacs-24" (revno: 117000) which has
Stefan's version of Jarek's patch (revno: 116996), and I cannot get
it to freeze after considerable use of the scrolling thumbs. (Two trials
of five to ten minutes of using the scroll thumbs.)

I also built trunk (revno: 117005) (which does not have Jarek's patch in
it) and in three out of three trials using emacs -Q it
froze within less than a minute of using the scroll thumbs.

So, tentatively, I would say that Jarek's patch fixes (or works around?)
the bug.

Regards,
N.