Subject: bug#17301: 24.3.90; Hang using scroll bar thumb in Compile-Log buffer after packages update

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 13:45:05 -0300

At 12:41 -0300 on Sunday 2014-04-20, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Please attach a debugger and produce a backtrace, including the Lisp
> backtrace (use the "xbacktrace" command for the latter).  Thanks.
>
> Once GDB prints its initial blurb and shows its "(gdb)" prompt, type:
>
>  (gdb) bt
>
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000035954ed629 in pselect () from /lib64/libc.so.6
#1  0x0000000000661826 in xg_select (fds_lim=20, rfds=0x7fff7f53f0a0, wfds=0x7fff7f53f020, efds=0x0, timeout=0x7fff7f53f000, sigmask=0x0) at xgselect.c:99
#2  0x0000000000618b12 in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=0, nsecs=0, read_kbd=-1, do_display=true, wait_for_cell=12734770, wait_proc=0x0, just_wait_proc=0)
    at process.c:4603
#3  0x0000000000541a5b in kbd_buffer_get_event (kbp=0x7fff7f53f378, used_mouse_menu=0x7fff7f53faaf, end_time=0x0) at keyboard.c:3902
#4  0x000000000053e5bf in read_event_from_main_queue (end_time=0x0, local_getcjmp=0x7fff7f53f700, used_mouse_menu=0x7fff7f53faaf) at keyboard.c:2243
#5  0x000000000053e7e1 in read_decoded_event_from_main_queue (end_time=0x0, local_getcjmp=0x7fff7f53f700, prev_event=12734770, used_mouse_menu=0x7fff7f53faaf)
    at keyboard.c:2306
#6  0x000000000053fae1 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=82734246, prev_event=12734770, used_mouse_menu=0x7fff7f53faaf, end_time=0x0) at keyboard.c:2892
#7  0x000000000054ae92 in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x7fff7f53fc90, bufsize=30, prompt=12734770, dont_downcase_last=false, can_return_switch_frame=true, 
    fix_current_buffer=true, prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:9079
#8  0x000000000053cb10 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1449
#9  0x00000000005c9f2d in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x53c757 <command_loop_1>, handlers=12786338, hfun=0x53c069 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1354
#10 0x000000000053c4b1 in command_loop_2 (ignore=12734770) at keyboard.c:1174
#11 0x00000000005c973f in internal_catch (tag=12782274, func=0x53c48b <command_loop_2>, arg=12734770) at eval.c:1118
#12 0x000000000053c45f in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1153
#13 0x000000000053bc64 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:777
#14 0x000000000053bdd1 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:845
#15 0x0000000000539e04 in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fff7f540118) at emacs.c:1646

> If this doesn't end with a Lisp-level backtrace

It didn't.

> type:
>  (gdb) source ./.gdbinit

(gdb) source ./.gdbinit
SIGINT is used by the debugger.
Are you sure you want to change it? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xgetptr"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xgetint"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xgettype"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pr"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pp"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pv"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "ppt"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pitmethod"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pitx"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pit"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "prowx"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "prow"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pcursorx"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pcursor"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pwinx"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pwin"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pbiditype"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pgx"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pg"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pgi"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pgn"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pgrowx"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pgrow"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pgrowit"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "prowlims"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pmtxrows"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xtype"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pvectype"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xvectype"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "pvecsize"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xvecsize"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xmisctype"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xint"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xptr"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xmarker"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xoverlay"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xmiscfree"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xsymbol"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xstring"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xvector"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xprocess"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xframe"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xcompiled"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
Redefine command "xwindow"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xwinconfig"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xsubr"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xchartable"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xsubchartable"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xboolvector"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xbuffer"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xhashtable"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xcons"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "nextcons"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xcar"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xcdr"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xlist"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xfloat"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xscrollbar"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xpr"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xprintstr"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xprintsym"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xcoding"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xcharset"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xfontset"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xfont"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xbacktrace"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xprintbytestr"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xwhichsymbols"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "xbytecode"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "hookpost-backtrace"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Redefine command "ff"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
DISPLAY = :0
TERM = xterm-256color
Breakpoint 3 at 0x53842d: file emacs.c, line 351.
Temporary breakpoint 4 at 0x5593f7: file sysdep.c, line 854.

Note: I typed RET at the prompt "---Type <return> to continue, or q ...".

>  (gdb) xbacktrace

(gdb) xbacktrace
(gdb) 

That is, it didn't give me anything, just brought me back to the prompt.