Subject: bug#17300: fails to build due to defsetf, cl-define-compiler-macro in cl-macs.el (structures)

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 16:37:26 +0000

>>>>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>>> From: Ivan Shmakov  Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 13:35:41 +0000
>>>>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>>> From: Ivan Shmakov  Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 11:26:25 +0000

 >>>> As of 20eb3d6e5262 [1], Emacs fails to build from a clean
 >>>> directory

[…]

 >>> Did you try "make bootstrap"?

 >> I didn’t.  But isn’t the directory expected to be clean right after
 >> $ git clone?

 > It is.  But you never explained what you meant by "a clean
 > directory", so I had no way of knowing it was a fresh clone.

	Indeed.

	As an aside, I’d gladly be performing all my builds in a clean
	build directory, provided that the build system employed by
	Emacs would /not/ insist on cluttering $(srcdir).  (As in: with
	.elc.)

-- 
FSF associate member #7257