Subject: bug#17279: 24.4.50; dired buffer slightly scrambled

From: Ushnish Basu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 17:42:24 -0700

I just updated from the trunk, and I noticed that the dired buffer
output is slightly scrambled, as follows...

Normally the dired buffer has the text:

"total used in directory xxxxx available xxxxx"

Now the output is

"total used in directory xxxxx"
dired listing line 1
...
dired listing last line "available xxxxx"

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.3 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.4)
 of 2014-04-16 on plato
Repository revision: 116983
[email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11403901
System Description:	openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by date

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <f3> s s <tab> c l i <tab> z h <tab> <return>
g g g g <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> g g g <help-echo> R p m l . z
i p <return> g g <up> <down> g g <up> C-x k <return>
<f3> <up> <C-backspace> <C-backspace> <C-backspace>
<return> g <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> g
g g g g <return> g g g s s s <up> <up> <up> g M-x b
u g <tab> <tab> <C-backspace> <C-backspace> C-g C-g
g g g M-x r e p o r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading delsel...done
Loading paren...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-x C-h C-a.
Cannot move to same file: /home/ubasu/ssi/clients/zhe/pml.zip

Making completion list...
Quit [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/ubasu/elisp/gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnuplot
/home/ubasu/elisp/gnuplot-gui hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnuplot-gui

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr warnings emacsbug sendmail dired-aux magit-svn
magit-key-mode magit view help-mode grep epa derived epg epg-config
autorevert filenotify git-rebase-mode thingatpt git-commit-mode server
which-func imenu zencoding-mode php-mode speedbar sb-image ezimage
dframe etags flymake compile cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs psvn wid-edit cl
cl-loaddefs cl-lib log-edit message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log diff-mode
easy-mmode tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring format-spec advice help-fns jka-compr paren delsel cus-start
cus-load info easymenu package time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 210363 19821)
 (symbols 48 31947 0)
 (miscs 40 114 326)
 (strings 32 54179 13804)
 (string-bytes 1 1567914)
 (vectors 16 24398)
 (vector-slots 8 557708 7606)
 (floats 8 116 245)
 (intervals 56 502 278)
 (buffers 960 18)
 (heap 1024 46542 1151))