Subject: 24.4.50; Ediff navigation broken (list/vector type mismatch)

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 15:21:14 +0100

In `ediff-set-fine-diff-properties-in-one-buffer', dolist is invoked
on the result of `ediff-get-fine-diff-vector', but it is a vector, not a
list. Thus, navigating to a difference region in Ediff  fails with an
error like this:

ediff-set-fine-diff-properties: Wrong type argument: listp, [#<overlay
from 280 to 280 in xxx.xxx.~18146~> #<overlay from 297 to 297 in
xxx.xxx.~18146~>]

It looks like this was introduced in Emacs revision number 116811.1.123.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-04-14 on 80461UHB
Repository revision: 116975 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix c:/emacs/emacs-116975
 --enable-locallisppath=%emacs_dir%/../site-lisp 'CPPFLAGS=-I
 G:/usr/include -I C:/GnuWin32/include' 'LDFLAGS=-L G:/usr/lib -L
 C:/GnuWin32/lib''

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG NOTIFY ACL ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r - e - b <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 78110 6819)
 (symbols 32 17687 0)
 (miscs 32 33 97)
 (strings 16 11879 4690)
 (string-bytes 1 301791)
 (vectors 8 9812)
 (vector-slots 4 375389 6164)
 (floats 8 57 124)
 (intervals 28 224 36)
 (buffers 512 11))