Subject: bug#17265: closed (Re: bug#17265: 24.4.50; Ediff navigation broken (list/vector type mismatch))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 14:35:03 +0000

Your bug report

#17265: 24.4.50; Ediff navigation broken (list/vector type mismatch)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
17265: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17265
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#17265: 24.4.50; Ediff navigation broken (list/vector type mismatch)
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Cc: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 10:34:34 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Yes, it's fixed on trunk now, thanks.

Thanks.

> I realized I had misread
> Stefan's mail after I replied. (I'm not too familiar with the branch
> structure. I just follow the trunk.)

Please try and follow `emacs-24' instead of `trunk' until Emacs-24.4 is
released, to help us find bugs in that code.

        Stefan

Subject: 24.4.50; Ediff navigation broken (list/vector type mismatch)
From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 15:21:14 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In `ediff-set-fine-diff-properties-in-one-buffer', dolist is invoked
on the result of `ediff-get-fine-diff-vector', but it is a vector, not a
list. Thus, navigating to a difference region in Ediff  fails with an
error like this:

ediff-set-fine-diff-properties: Wrong type argument: listp, [#<overlay
from 280 to 280 in xxx.xxx.~18146~> #<overlay from 297 to 297 in
xxx.xxx.~18146~>]

It looks like this was introduced in Emacs revision number 116811.1.123.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-04-14 on 80461UHB
Repository revision: 116975 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix c:/emacs/emacs-116975
 --enable-locallisppath=%emacs_dir%/../site-lisp 'CPPFLAGS=-I
 G:/usr/include -I C:/GnuWin32/include' 'LDFLAGS=-L G:/usr/lib -L
 C:/GnuWin32/lib''

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG NOTIFY ACL ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r - e - b <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 78110 6819)
 (symbols 32 17687 0)
 (miscs 32 33 97)
 (strings 16 11879 4690)
 (string-bytes 1 301791)
 (vectors 8 9812)
 (vector-slots 4 375389 6164)
 (floats 8 57 124)
 (intervals 28 224 36)
 (buffers 512 11))