Subject: 24.4.50; nxml-mode does not apply comment face correctly

From: "Jan D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 08:19:26 +0200

Hello.

Save this file to xx.xml (the ---... aren't part of the file):
-------------------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<spocosy version="1.0" responsetime="2011-03-15 13:53:12" exec="0.171">
   <query-response requestid="" service="objectquery">
     <sport name="Soccer" enetSportCode="s" del="no" n="1" 
ut="2009-12-29 15:36:24" id="1">
     </sport>
   </query-response>
</spocosy>
-------------------------------------------------------------

Start Emacs:

% emacs -Q xx.xml
Put cursor on the line with <query-response ...

C-a C-o <TAB> <!-- C-a C-k C-k C-o <TAB> <!--

Move cursor to </spocosy>

C-o <TAB> -->

Expected:
The commented section is in comment face (red text color).
Actual:
The commented region is not in the comment-face, it is fontified as 
normal XML.

It appears to be some timing here, because sometimes the comment face is 
applied when entering <!-- for the first time.  That is why the recepie 
removes it and adds it again.  Saving and then doing M-x revert-buffer 
always fixes the issue, i.e. comment face is applied correctly.

	Jan D.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.1.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.19)
  of 2014-04-14 on jdvpro.hq.ismobile.com
Repository revision: 116975 
[email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
  `configure --with-ns --without-x'

Configured features:
ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_COLLATE: C
   value of $LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: nXML

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<escape> x r e p o r t - e <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Using vacuous schema

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp
rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns easymenu nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 88851 8273)
  (symbols 48 19142 0)
  (miscs 40 41 183)
  (strings 32 15355 4578)
  (string-bytes 1 415790)
  (vectors 16 11239)
  (vector-slots 8 381669 4227)
  (floats 8 81 135)
  (intervals 56 299 0)
  (buffers 960 13))