Subject: bug#17259: ediff-set-fine-diff-properties-in-one-buffer uses dolist on a vector?

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 09:54:13 +0000

Package:  emacs

	In edce85e3 [1], ediff-set-fine-diff-properties-in-one-buffer
	was edited to use dolist (was: mapcar) to iterate over the
	fine-diff-vector local variable, resulting now in errors like:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp [#<overlay from 1210 to 1210 in  *XXX*> #<overlay from 1220 to 1269 in  *YYY*>])
  ediff-set-fine-diff-properties-in-one-buffer(A 0 nil)
  ediff-set-fine-diff-properties(0)
  ediff-make-fine-diffs(0 noforce)
  ediff-install-fine-diff-if-necessary(0)
  ediff-next-difference(1)
  call-interactively(ediff-next-difference nil nil)
  command-execute(ediff-next-difference)

	Replacing dolist with an equivalent mapc invocation has fixed
	the issue for me.

	If, OTOH, dolist is actually /supposed/ to work on non-list
	sequences, I’d like to suggest updating its documentation, which
	currently reads:

(defmacro dolist (spec &rest body)
  "Loop over a list.
Evaluate BODY with VAR bound to each car from LIST, in turn.
Then evaluate RESULT to get return value, default nil.

\(fn (VAR LIST [RESULT]) BODY...)"
  …)

[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/lisp/vc/ediff-diff.el?h=emacs-24&id=edce85e3a164a57da09c564c4f2a8edc8f009df1

-- 
FSF associate member #7257