Subject: bug#17258: autogen.sh doesn't update stale autoconf files in build-aux

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 12:50:43 +0200

Eli Zaretskii writes:
>> Apparently these files are just checked for existence unless the
>> "--force" option is also given (which autogen.sh doesn't do).  I'm
>> currently using autoconf 2.69 if that matters.
>
> Aren't these files created by automake, which is invoked by
> autoreconf?  If so, this is not really an Emacs problem, is it?

There is nothing in any of the INSTALL files to suggest what is supposed
to happen if the files pre-exist, but as I said, autogen.sh completely
lacks any way to force these files to be re-created by giving the
autoreconf call the correct option.

My expectation would be that any call to autogen.sh would re-create
these files.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf rackAttack:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSounds